Table of Contents
Configuring Apache LDAP Server for publishing Certificates/CRL
Follow these instructions to configure the ADSS Server to publish Certificate/CRLs to an LDAP Directory:
Steps to configure connection in Apache Directory Studio:
- Download the ApacheDS from Apache Directory website: http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/
- Download the Apache Directory Studio from Apache Directory website: http://directory.apache.org/studio/
- Install the Apache DS and Apache Directory Studio
- Upon launch the Apache Directory Studio will show this screen:
- Right click on the Connections panel and select the option New Connection
- Enter the required credentials as shown:
- Click Next
- Select the Authentication Method and provide the authentication parameter and test them by clicking the button check Authentication:
- When Authentication is successful then click on Finish button:
- Right click on the newly configured Connection and select the option Open Configuration:
- After clicking Open Connections, this configuration is shown:
- Click on the Advanced Partitions configurations, the following screen will be shown:
- Click the Add button to set new partition and in the Suffix text field enter the RDNs value with which you want to make partition e.g. OU=Test, O=Ascertia, C =GB
- Save the settings by Ctrl+ S or click the save icon on the menu toolbar
- Restart the Apache DS from the windows NT-Services.
- Refresh the Apache Directory Studio. Now the newly added partition will be shown:
Note: Only those certificates will be published on this configured LDAP server which contains the same RDNs as the configured partitions.
ADSS Server Settings:
- Launch the ADSS Server Console.
- Navigate to Manage CAs > Configure Local CAs
- Edit your relevant CA e.g. ADSS Samples Test CA
- Under the LDAP Publishing Settings enter the LDAP server credentials as shown:
- Click on Test button to verify credentials
- Click on Publish CRL Now button to save and Publish CRL.