Table of Contents
Why the PDF signature appearance shows Applet not initialized error on my machine?
When accessing a Java Applet that requires SSL Client Authentication the relevant SSL Client Authentication Certificate needs to be configured in the Java keystore. This is applicable for Applet used in ADSS PDF signature appearance profiles and the Go>Sign Applet. Follow these instructions to import the SSL Client Certificate in Java keystore:
For UNIX OS:
- Launch the terminal manager/shell console and go to location where Java is installed e.g.: cd /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_27/jre/bin
- Run the command ./ControlPanel
- Under the Security tab click on Settings and import the relevant certificate by selecting the certificate type "SSL Client Certificate"
Relaunch the browser and access the ADSS Server Console again to view the signature appearance.
For Windows OS:
- Go to Control Panel
- Open Java Control Panel
- Under the Security tab click on "Certificates" button
- Import the relevant ADSS Server Admin Certificate PFX by selecting the certificate type "Client Authentication"
- Relaunch the browser and access the ADSS Server Console again to view the signature appearance.