Can I use the product once the trial period is over?
Once the 30 day trial trial period is over, you have to either activate the product or stop using it.
Can I copy the License folder to another system and activate the product?
No, you cannot copy the license folder of PDF Sign&Seal from one machine to another. The license of PDF Sign&Seal is per user and tied to a particular machine.
Can I migrate a PDF Sign&Seal license from one machine to another?
PDF Sign&Seal v4.2.0 or later allows you to deactivate the license (use the PDF Sign&Seal Help > Deactivate License option). Now install PDF Sign&Seal on another machine and use the deactivated serial number to activate the product once again. Once PDF Sign&Seal is deactivated, it will not work on the original machine. For further information, please email your questions to email@example.com.
Online activation is failing for me, what can I do?
If you are unable to activate PDF Sign&Seal even after configuring the proxy settings and you wish to manually activate the product then send both the Authorization Codes along with the Serial Number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Support will respond with further information and activation keys.
I am unable to activate PDF Sign&Seal
There can be a number of reasons why PDF Sign&Seal cannot be activated:
- Error code “623”. This means that communications with the online Ascertia License server are blocked or not working for some reasons. It may be occasionally blocked by a corporate firewall. This may also be due to proxy issues, so try configuring the proxy settings in the PDF Sign&Seal (i.e. go to PDF Sign&Seal Preferences > Connection pane, select Use proxy and Use Internet Explorer proxy settings options. Now go to Internet Explorer connection settings page, enable the proxy server and insert the Proxy server IP with port ) if operating from behind a proxy machine.
- If machine is not on proxy, in this case open PDF Sign&Seal > Preferences > Connection > uncheck the Use Proxy option.
- Error code “624”. This means that the total number of allowed activations for the specified license serial have been fully consumed. Additional license may be required. Please send an email to email@example.com for more information.
While deactivating PDF Sign&Seal I get an error, what should I do?
There can be multiple reasons behind the failure to deactivate the PDF Sign&Seal:
- Error code “101” or “103”. These errors can caused by communication difficulties with the Ascertia License server. Please wait for 10 minutes or if you see the problem recurring then consult Ascertia support via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Error code “102”. This also means there is a problem communicating with the online Ascertia License server but is likely to be due to proxy issues. Try configuring the proxy settings in the PDF Sign&Seal (i.e. PDF Sign&Seal Preferences > Connection pane).