Table of Contents
How to import ADSS Server configurations from one server to another?
ADSS Server offers the functionality to copy all the system configurations from one server to another, provided both of these servers are running the same version of ADSS Server. This functionality is usually helpful in the environments, where multiple ADSS Servers are running in a non-load balanced mode and the same configuration is required on all the servers.
For this, the server configurations are exported from one server (e.g. Server A) in the form of (.xml) file, and the same (.xml) file is imported on the other server (where same configuration is required e.g. Server B). The server(s), importing the (.xml) file will become replica of the server (server A) from where the configurations were exported.
To use import/ export functionality, browse Global Settings> Import/ Export Settings.
How to configure SMS alerts in ADSS Server?
Follow these instructions to configure SMS Alerts within the ADSS Server:
- Launch ADSS Server console and go to location: Access Control > Manage Operators. Edit the required operator and ensure that correct mobile number along with country code is configured e.g. +013225666550.
- If proxy is enabled on your network then ensure that proxy setting is enabled and configured within the ADSS Server. For proxy configurations go to Global Settings > Miscellaneous , enable and configure the proxy credential accordingly.
- For SMS alerts settings go to Global Settings > Notification Settings, enable the SMS alert settings.
To use HTTP implementation, provide the following credentials:
- SMS Server Address: e.g. http://api.clickatell.com/http/sendmsg
- User ID: e.g. Edward
- Password: e.g. password
- Vendor ID: e.g. IAQ866
- SMS Server Address: e.g. http://api.clickatell.com/rest/message
- Access Token: e.g. s2tBI8JYN_VARD9iPc_8e0DCZ6KI
- Go to Server Manager screen and restart all instances
How to disable the ECC cipher in Catalina?
Go to [ADSS-Server-Installation-Dir]\tomcat\bin and edit these files:
Edit catalina.sh file in a text editor and search for the parameter JAVA_OPTS and add parameter -Dcom.sun.net.ssl.enableECC=false at the end and save the changes as shown below:
Restart the ADSS Server Core, Console & Service instances from Windows Services Panel.
Edit catalina.bat file in a text editor and search for the strings JAVA_OPTS and add parameter -Dcom.sun.net.ssl.enableECC=false at the end and save the changes as shown below:
Edit the service.bat file in a text editor and search for the parameter --JvmOptions and ++JvmOptions one by one, add parameter ;-Dcom.sun.net.ssl.enableECC=false at the following location for both of them and save the changes.
Stop the ADSS Server Core, Console & Service instances from Windows Services Panel.
- Uninstall these services one by one by executing the tomcat\bin\uninstall_console.bat, tomcat\bin\uninstall_core.bat, tomcat\bin\uninstall_service.bat file in Run as Administrative mode.
- Now Install these services one by one by executing the tomcat\bin\install_console.bat, tomcat\bin\install_core.bat, tomcat\bin\install_service.bat file in Run as Administrative mode.
- Start the ADSS Server Core, Console & Service instances from Windows Services Panel.
Note that the services must be reinstalled for the changes to take effect as mentioned above.
What should be done in case of [Error 41127] Failed to process request - invalid transaction ID?
There were some performance and memory improvements in ADSS Server v6503. These improvements will be made a permanent part of the ADSS Server in version 7.0. Clients using ADSS Server v18.104.22.168 and later with client SDK needs to manually add three new properties 4 to 6 and update properties 1 to 3 as mentioned below.
An existing property (i.e number 1) - ADSS_SDK_CUSTOM_REQUEST_TIMEOUT in signing service is modified after which the property will take an effect if configured from the front-end. Property 2 and 3 need to be updated accordingly.
The properties from 4 to 6 (given below) needs to be added by selecting the 'New' option located on Global Settings > Advanced Settings > Relevant Property Type> New
- Change the property Global Settings > Advanced Settings - General "ADSS_SDK_CUSTOM_REQUEST_TIMEOUT" to 130 seconds
- Change the property Global Settings > Advanced Settings - RAS "RAS_REQUEST_EXPIRY_PERIOD" to 120 seconds
- Change the property Global Settings > Advanced Settings - SAM "SAM_REQUEST_EXPIRY_PERIOD" to 120 seconds
- Set the property Global Settings > Advanced Settings - Signing “SIGNATURE_CACHE_EXPIRY_THRESHOLD" to 5 minutes
- Set the property Global Settings > Advanced Settings - Signing "SIGNATURE_CACHE_CLEAR_INTERVAL" to 3 minutes
- Set the property Global Settings > Advanced Settings - RAS "DB_LOOKUP_THRESHOLD" to 20 seconds
The datatype of new parameters would be String and display order can be given based on where you want this property to be placed in the properties list. Find below snapshot for reference.
The unit of the first three and the sixth property should be given in seconds. However, the unit of 4th and 5th property should be given in minutes. Please note time units are not required in Property value. Just give the value after conversion to the required format.